Giuseppe Mussari was born in Catanzaro July 20, 1962, from Siena professional midwife mother and father Calabrian professional cardiologist.
After high school science with grade 60/60 at the high school L. Sicilian Catanzaro, he moved to Tuscany where he attended the first medical school before moving to the Law Faculty of the University of Siena.
Passionate about politics, immediately enters the ranks of FGCI.
He graduated at age 26 with 110/110 with the right to publish the thesis.
In 1990 and for three years has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Regional Agency for the Right to University Studies.
From May 1992 to July 1993 he was Member of the Board of Directors of the Cooperative Construction Orsa Maggiore of which he became Vice Chairman until July 2001.
On 21 April 1993 he enrolled at the Bar of the Court of Siena, after only five years became Vice-President of the Criminal Chamber of Siena until September 2000 and then became the President until July 2001.
As a young lawyer has among its first customers Franco Masoni, editor of a local TV station but also very character introduced in the environments that matter. It is he who brings the brilliant legal citizens in the salons. Their relationship then stop as Mussari marry Masoni’s ex-wife, Luisa Stasi.
On 31 July 2001 the big jump, he was elected President of the Fondazione Monte dei Paschi di Siena, one of Italy’s most powerful and largest shareholder of MPS.
He holds this office until 28 April 2006.
Then his career continues to run higher and higher until it became April 29, 2006 Chairman of the Board Monte dei Paschi di Siena.
In 2010, the consecration of the Olympus Bank in Italy, becoming president of the Italian Banking Association (ABI).
Under his direction, the acquisition of Antonveneta to the tune of $ 10 billion, under investigation by the Public Prosecutor of Siena for alleged offenses of insider trading and obstruction of the supervisory authorities.
On 22 January 2013 the newspaper Done reveals a secret agreement signed in 2009 between the then leaders of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, which Mussari was president, and the leaders of the Japanese bank Nomura for a debt restructuring of MPS for hundreds of millions of euro. According to this agreement, MPS decided to improve the types of financial risk to which he was exposed to the notes Alexandria, a derivative based on risky mortgages that Nomura said it was willing to exchange in return for risky derivatives Japanese bank, for creating an MPS hole, which some estimate equal to 740 million euro.
A few hours later, because of the scandal Mps, has resigned his irrevocable resignation from the presidency of the ABI.
Among other positions held:
1) From 31 July 2001 until 28 April 2006, President of the Academy Foundation Chigiana.
2) From 31 July 2001 to 28 April 2006, President of the Ethics Committee of Control of Siena Biotech.
3) As of September 26, 2001 to April 28, 2006, Vice-President of ACRI.
4) From 11 June 2002 to February 2006 he is member of the Board of Directors of the Foundation Ravello.
5) From 28 October to 20 003 in December 2006 the Board of Directors of the Foundation Cotec.
6) From 28 January 2004 to 2006 he was Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Deposits and Loans Fund.
7) From 13 October 2005 to 20 December 2006 President della’Associazione Mecenate 90.
8) From December 2006 to December 2008, is a member of the Board of Directors of the Consortium Pattichiari.
9) On 6 August 2002 he is member of the Board of Directors of the Fondazione Rosselli.
10) On December 2, 2004 is a member of the Board of Trustees of Toscana Life Sciences.
11) On July 23, 2005 is a member of the Board of the Organising Committee of the Foundation Symbola.
12) On June 26, 2006 is a member of the Board of Directors of the Italy-China Foundation.
13) On July 12, 2006 is a member of the Board of Directors and the Ethics Committee of the Italian Banking Association.
14) On September 9, 2006 is a member of the Executive Committee of Sansedoni SpA
15) On 14 May 2007 a member of the Supervisory Board of AXA SpA
16) Since June 2008 he is member of the board of Abi – Ania.
17) Since October 2008 is better than the Foundation Board of Arbitrators Artemio Franchi.